Video Poker is a game that has seen an unprecedented rise in popularity since it was first introduced as a table game over 100 years ago. The online version is identical to the table based game in which the players’ hand must beat the dealers for payouts to be awarded. It is said that Video Poker actually offers one of the highest pay-out rates of all the casino games in operation today. As a result, the house edge is usually very small, ranging from just 0.5% to 0.8% depending on the variation of game in question.
There is no denying that there is a certain amount of chance in all types of gambling, and video poker is no exception to the rule. However just like the card game it is based on, it takes players a certain amount of skill to utilise the strength of their hand and capitalise on the range of deals they will come across. There are a variety of different video poker strategies that have proven very popular with online casino players, here are two of the most popular:
• Aggressive rating : 9/10
• Players should start with smaller stakes at first with this aggressive strategy
• Advised to only be implemented when showing a profit, to optimise output
• With this strategy players are always betting the limit and looking for the biggest return.
Players should follow the rules below:
1. 3 or 4 of the following suited: 10, J, Q, K, A.
2. 3 or 4 cards of the same suit towards a straight flush.
3. Three of a kind.
4. Two pair.
5. 2, 3 or 4 highest cards of the same suit.
6. Hold a single Ace, King, Queen, Jack or 10.
7. Otherwise discard all 5. Basic Playing
• Aggressive rating: 5/10
• This playing strategy demands that you play the highest possible hand at all times If players have the chance to be dealt a four of a kind, straight flush or royal flush discard accordingly favouring first to last:
• Royal flush
• Straight flush
• Four of a kind
• The above is be an indicator of how players should deal with potential high pay-out hands
• This video poker strategy will result in a pay-out percentage of 99.54%